The Marketing Intern works in a fast-paced, seven-person marketing department. This position supports the marketing department with development of Museum communications and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Google+, YouTube, etc), digital asset organization, answering emails from the Marketing Inbox and general support for the department.
Education:High School diploma or higher
Experience: One to two years of prior experience working with social media, writing, and/or administrative duties
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Google+, YouTube) and experience working with the same
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Experience in the area of the non-profit/museum and/or tourism and attractions sectors desired
- Self-motivation and the ability to be an adaptable member of a team in a dynamic environment
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Keen eye for design and photography.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Mac OS platform
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Bridge, Photoshop and InDesign) a plus
- Photography experience a plus
- Experience with HTML, CMS, CSS a plus
Essential Job Functions:
- Re-organize, categorize and maintain immense digital photo storage
- Assist Associate Manager of Marketing and Communications with social media planning and posting
- Assist Webmaster with website calendar updates, etc
- Assist with answering emails from the Marketing Inbox
- Other duties as assigned by Creative Services Manager
This unpaid position’s regular workweek (8-10 hours per week) is flexible between Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Normal office conditions apply, including repetitive wrist and arm movement and long periods of sitting, or standing
- The ability to focus, bend, carry, reach to the side, front and overhead, push, pull, walk, stand, twist and squat are occasional requirements in a normal office setting.
To apply, please email email@example.com.