Thanks to the IRA Charitable Rollover law passed in 2015, you can donate up to $100,000 directly from your IRA to The Museum of Flight without having to pay income taxes. The IRA transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you still benefit even if you do not itemize your tax deductions.
To give a tax-free IRA gift, you must be over 70 years old.
For more information, contact Sandie Dolese at 206-768-7199 or email.
Instructions & Requirements
- If you have not taken your required minimum distribution for the year, your IRA charitable rollover gift can satisfy all or part of that requirement.
- It is important to not withdraw funds prior to your gift, but instead to have the gift amount distributed directly from your IRA to your favorite charities.
- If you have check-writing privileges on your IRA accounts, this may be the most efficient way to make gifts directly from your IRA.
- The transfer may be made in addition to any other charitable giving you have planned.
- You need to provide your IRA administrator with our instruction form.