SpaceFest brings together top names in the arts and sciences of space for a weekend that celebrates the many ways we explore and interpret space.
Explore Mars via Virtual Reality, interact with an augmented reality clothing app, and meet an archeologist conducting a dig . . . on Mars!Learn about space exploration from those who do it, those who photograph it, those who do it through virtual reality and those with the most innovative plans for spaceflight. Through activities, lectures and special evening events, there have never been more ways to discover the universe!
- MarsVR Project: Virtual Reality demos by the Mars Society
- MAX 2019: A Space Festival: "The Dig" and "Wear the Universe"
- UW SPACE Ambassadors
- Lectures and panels featuring:
- Randii Wessen, NASA/JPL
- James Burk, Mars Society
- Kay Matschullat, Media Art Xploration
- Michael Soluri, Author/Photographer
- Two after-hours events:
- Friday, Nov. 2 - "Evidence of Space Exploration...on Earth" - Cocktail reception, lecture and book signing with Michael Soluri, author/photographer
- Saturday, Nov. 3 - "The Potential for Human Exploration of Mars" - Cocktail reception and lecture with Dr. Robert Zubrin, Founder and President of the Mars Society
Check back as more details are added for the evening events and daily activities!
All FREE with Museum admission.
Separate ticket price for the two evening receptions.