Private Event FAQs
The price to rent an event space can include admission to the Museum for all of your guests, complimentary parking and basic audio-video equipment. Many spaces include an in-house sound system, built-in video screen and podium with a microphone. All other equipment is available for a fee.
You can tentatively hold a private event date for up to 2 weeks. Once you decide to book your event, the signed contract and deposit will be due within 10 business days and deposits are non-refundable. The remaining amount will be due 10 business days before your event.
For non-profit fundraiser events, The Museum of Flight offers 501(c)(3) organizations a special 10% discount.
Yes—see Decoration Guidelines in the Rules & Regulations below.
Deliveries are accepted on the day of your event either at the north or south loading dock. If you need to send boxes prior to your event, please make sure they are clearly marked with The Museum of Flight’s address and your event coordinator’s name and they’ll be placed in storage for you.
The Museum can provide you with logos and pictures for your materials, but materials will need to be approved by Museum of Flight first.
Smoking is only allowed outside, on the east or west side of the Museum Lobby.
Yes—you may play any music you like at a maximum volume of 98db. If you hire a DJ or band, they must bring in their own sound system. The Museum has CD players and hook-ups for MP3 players available for use.
Event start time depends on the particular event space you select. Banquet and meeting spaces are available starting at 7:00 AM while exhibit galleries are only available after 6:00 PM and all events must end by midnight.
We encourage your guests to take as many pictures as they like, but ask that they do not touch the exhibits.
As The Museum of Flight hosts an everyday airshow, planes are always taking off and landing, but disruptive, loud noises are relatively rare.
Yes—The Museum of Flight is fully ADA-compliant and complimentary wheelchairs are available for use.
Private Event Rules
- No smoking anywhere in the building.
- Do not touch exhibits.
- Plants may not be moved.
- No one is allowed in the Museum galleries after hours unless accompanied by staff or a docent.
- All printed materials which describe the Museum of Flight or use the logo are subject to approval prior to printing.
- To avoid confusion, designate one contact person for your event.
- Deliveries will only be accepted on the actual day of the event, be sure to mark all deliveries to the attention of the Private Events Department.
- All delivery vehicles must remain outside exterior loading dock doors which are to be operated by Museum or catering staff only.
- No loading or unloading of equipment will be allowed through the Side Gallery or Lobby doors.
- All equipment (staging, dance floors, décor, pianos, meeting materials, etc.) must be removed immediately after the event concludes.
- Dance floor rental must be arranged through Catering by McCormick & Schmick's.
- All amplified music must be approved in advance by the Private Events Department.
- All clients and vendors must supply their own equipment (extension cords, power strips, carts, flipchart easels, pens, etc.)
- All cords must be secured with gaffer's tape.
- Audio-visual equipment rental is charged on a first-come, first-served basis and cancellations must be made within 2 business days.
- The Museum of Flight office telephones are not for use.
- Courtesy phones are available for outgoing calls and pay phones are available throughout the Museum.
- Clients are responsible for collecting all leftover materials, breaking down all boxes and assisting Private Events lead with removal to south loading dock.
- All events must conclude by midnight.
- No candles may be used.
- No glitter, confetti, rice, birdseed, flower petals, etc.
- Bridal bubbles can only be used outside.
- All equipment and décor must be placed at a minimum of 3 feet from exhibits and their related parts.
- Museum artifacts, exhibits or furnishings may not be moved.
- No taping or tacking of decorations or meeting materials to walls, windows, woodwork or exhibits.
- 3M Post-it® pads are allowed and are available through the Private Events department.
- Decorations, signs and equipment must be freestanding, not touching any walls.
- We prefer balloons to be delivered already inflated, if you choose to inflate balloons on site, you must do so at the south loading dock and helium tanks must be secured to a post. For safety reasons, no balloons may leave the building and a $50 recovery fee will be assessed for each balloon lost in the Great Gallery.
- All floral arrangements and greenery are to be delivered to the designated loading dock and must be pest free.
- Trees must be flame retardant.
- For protection, containers must be placed under plants and trees.