Technical Services Technician II
This position is responsible for the operation and repair of audio visual equipment, lighting, and computer automation throughout the Museum. The Technical Services Technician II personnel sets up systems for exhibits, private events, and museum functions. This position also prepares and edits PowerPoint presentations and creates and edits audio and video recordings of museum events.
Education: Preference for an associate degree in a related field such as Lighting or Audio Design, or a BS/BA degree in a related field, such as digital media, communications, or electrical engineering. Will accept one year of applicable audio visual experience, in lieu of education.
Experience: Knowledge of digital audio and video recording and presentation systems. Demonstrated ability to setup and operate audio visual systems. This position requires basic electrical, electronic and mechanical knowledge.
License & Certification: None
Knowledge and Skills
• Computer knowledge to operate and maintain exhibit and presentation computers
• Knowledge of and ability to set up basic PA systems and projection systems for events
• Knowledge of track and theatrical lighting systems
• Ability to work with hand and power tools to install permanent A/V exhibit systems
• Advanced PowerPoint and computer display experience
• Willingness and ability to learn to operate video cameras and live video mixing equipment as well as editing with Sony Vegas Pro
• Ability to communicate clearly and work closely with clients and co-workers
• Ability to work on ladders, catwalks and lifts
• Ability to lift and handle material and equipment up to 50 pounds
Museum Specific Qualifications
• At time of job offer candidate must be able to pass a criminal background check
• Willingness to work a changing schedule that will include evenings and weekends
1. Setup, operate and maintain audio-visual equipment, computers and lighting for support of private events, public programs, exhibits and staff requirements.
2. Maintain systems and equipment.
3. Keep records of maintenance, repairs and problems.
4. Operate theatre systems and equipment.
5. Keep lighting maintained and operating.
6. Provide needed backup support for the Technical Services Simulator Technician in the repair and maintenance of the simulators to insure they are operating especially during peak seasons.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This part-time position is up to 29 hours per week; however, its “regular” scheduled hours maybe very fluid based upon the demands of the Museum’s weekly activities directly supported by this position. Flexibility and willingness to work evening and weekends is required.
• Lift up to 50 pounds, including lifting items over one’s head, extended out in front and to the side
• Stretch and reach out to the side and front, crouch, stoop, crawl and bend, climb ladders
• Good balance and able to work on cat walks in high elevations and confined lift platforms
This regular, part-time, hourly non-exempt Technical Services Technician II position will remain open until filled. To apply please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Attn: Tech Svc Tech II 08.02.13.14 and your full name in the subject line.