Rules and Regulations
As a world-class air and space museum, our first responsibility is the protection of our artifacts. We ask that you become familiar with our rules and regulations so that we may work together to plan the perfect event.
The Museum of Flight appreciates client cooperation in adhering to these briefly stated guidelines. If you have any questions, please contact your Private Events representative.
- No smoking anywhere in the building. Ash cans are located at all entrances and on balconies.
- Do not touch exhibits.
- No one is allowed in the Museum galleries after hours unless accompanied by Museum staff or a docent.
- Plants may not be moved.
- All printed materials which describe the Museum of Flight or use the logo are subject to Museum approval prior to printing.
Facility Rental Guidelines
- To avoid confusion, please designate one contact person for your event. Deliveries will only be accepted on the actual day of the event. Be sure to mark all deliveries to the attention of the Special Events Department. Please check with your Special Events representative for directions to the appropriate loading dock.
- All delivery vehicles must remain outside exterior loading dock doors. The loading dock door is to be operated by Museum or catering staff only. No loading or unloading of equipment will be allowed through the Side Gallery or lobby doors.
- All equipment (staging, dance floors, décor, pianos, meeting materials, etc.) must be removed immediately after the event concludes.
- Dance floor rental must be arranged through McCormick & Schmick's Catering.
- All amplified music must be approved in advance by the Special Events department. The maximum volume allowed is 98dB.
- All clients and vendors must supply their own equipment (extension cords, power strips, carts, flipchart easels, pens, etc.) All cords must be secured with gaffer's tape.
- Audio-visual equipment rental is charged on a first-come, first-served basis. Cancellations must be made within two (2) business days, or rental charges will be incurred.
- Museum of Flight office telephones are for Museum business use only. Courtesy phones are available for outgoing calls, and pay phones are available throughout the Museum.
- Client is responsible for collecting all leftover materials, breaking down all boxes, and assisting Special Events lead with removal to south loading dock. All events must conclude by midnight.
- No candles may be used in the Museum.
- No glitter, confetti, rice, birdseed, flower petals, etc. Bridal bubbles must be used outside.
- All equipment and décor must be placed a minimum of three (3) feet from exhibits and their related parts. Museum artifacts, exhibits, or furnishings may not be moved.
- No taping or tacking of decorations or meeting materials to walls, windows, woodwork or exhibits. 3M Post-it® pads are allowed and are available through the Special Events department.
- Decorations and signs must be freestanding. Do not lean any equipment against walls.
- We prefer balloons to be delivered already inflated. However, if you choose to inflate balloons on site, you must do so at the south loading dock. Helium tanks must be secured to a post. For safety reasons, no balloons may leave the building. A $50 recovery fee will be assessed for each balloon lost in the Great Gallery space frame.
- All floral arrangements and greenery are to be delivered to the designated loading dock and must be pest free. Trees must also be flame retardant. For protection, containers must be placed under plants and trees.
- We are pleased to have McCormick & Schmick's Catering as our exclusive caterer. Please contact them at 206.762.4418 for menu planning and event coordination.