Terms and Conditions
Last Updated July 30, 2021
- By texting a keyword to (833) 652-2358, you consent to receive one or more automated texts at the phone number from which you texted. Keywords are specific to the education program you are enrolled in and are provided at time of enrollment or by contacting program staff.
- SMS message services are provided on an “as is” basis, and The Museum of Flight (hereafter, referred to as TMOF) makes no warranty, express or implied, and all warranties, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for particular purpose, are hereby expressly disclaimed.
- Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your cell phone number, your carrier’s name, and the date, time and content of your messages, as well as other information that you provide. TMOF will only use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us.
- By subscribing to receive texts from one or more programs, you consent to receive recurring messages including alerts and updates. Connections membership subscription: up to 4 messages / month; Michael P Anderson subscription: up to 8 messages / month; Amelia’s Aero Club subscription: up to 8 messages / month; subject to change or addition of programming.
- By subscribing or otherwise using the service, you acknowledge and agree that TMOF will have the right to change and/or terminate the service at any time, with or without cause and/or advance notice.
- Your consent to receive text messages is completely voluntary. You may opt out at any time. To opt out of text messages, text STOP in reply to a text message you receive. You may receive a subsequent message confirming your opt-out request.
- Participant Age: Children under the age of 13 may not participate in automated text messaging and parents or legal guardians may not agree to these Terms on their behalf. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided or attempted to provide us with personal information, we will use our best efforts to remove the information permanently from our files. If you are under the age of 18 but at least 13 years of age, you may participate in automated text messaging only under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by these Terms. If you are a parent or legal guardian agreeing to these Terms for the benefit of a child between the ages of 13 and 18, be advised that you are fully responsible for his or her participation in automated text messaging, including, without limitation, all legal liability that he or she may incur.
- For additional help, text HELP in reply to a text message you receive.
- Transfer of number: You agree that before changing your mobile number or transferring your mobile number to another individual, you will either reply “STOP” from the original number or notify us of your old number at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Message and Data Rates May Apply. Please check with your carrier.
- For additional information regarding use of information collected in connection with subscribing, please refer to the Privacy and Security Policy, displayed below.
- United States Participating Carriers Include AT&T, T-Mobile®/ MetroPCS®, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Boost, U.S. Cellular®, InterOp, Cellcom, C Spire Wireless, Cricket, Virgin Mobile and others. Additional carriers may be added. T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- Availability of receiving text messages: Currently, the ability to sign up for and receive text messages from TMOF is only available to residents of the United States. You understand and acknowledge that you may not sign up for, access, or attempt to access this service from countries outside of the U.S. You agree to abide by U.S. and other applicable export control laws and not to transfer, by electronic transmission or otherwise, any content or software subject to restrictions under such laws to a national destination or person prohibited under such laws.
- Questions / Support: You can contact TMOF at email@example.com or at any time, from your mobile phone, send a text message with the word “HELP” to (833) 652-2358. You may also call 206-764-0278
Privacy and Security Policies
Personal Data TMOF Collects
Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your cell phone number, your carrier’s name, and the date, time and content of your messages, as well as other information that you provide. We may use this information to contact you to provide information and resources related to The Museum of Flight education program your student is enrolled in.
How TMOF Shares Personal Data
Your privacy is respected—The Museum of Flight does not share or sell any of the data we collect.
How to Manage Your Personal Data
Your consent to receive text messages is completely voluntary. You may opt out at any time. To opt out of your SMS subscriptions, text STOP in reply to a text message you receive or at any time to (833) 652-2358. You may receive a subsequent message confirming your opt-out request.
TMOF recommends you use a password to open your mobile device. Text messages may include information pertaining to children. Since text messaging is unencrypted, there is a risk that the information included could be intercepted or viewed by third parties, including those who look at your device.