A Gallery Ambassador is a volunteer mixture position between concierge and security guard. The Museum places Ambassadors at the main entrance and in the Charles Simonyi Gallery encouraging guests to learn about the Museum.
• Provide on-the-spot customer service to visitors
• Provide welcoming, helpful, and friendly service to all visitors
• Direct visitors to admissions, store, etc., and other amenities as needed
• Stay knowledgeable of current exhibitions and events and be able to connect visitors to information they are seeking
• Energetic, outgoing, and friendly individuals with an enthusiasm and interest in the Museum of Flight.
• Ability to succeed in a crowded, noisy atmosphere
• Must be able to stand and/or walk for at least three hours at a time
• Skilled with interacting with the public, retaining a courteous manner at all times
• Speak fluent English; fluency in other languages is a plus
• Maintain a neat personal appearance and adhere to the preferred dress code
• Volunteers must be 14 years of age or older
Volunteers are asked to work at least two shifts per month with a one year commitment. The museum is open seven days a week. Shifts are 10:00 AM - 1:30 PM and 1:30 PM - 5:00 PM.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.