The intern will serve as the primary correspondent for the Museum of Flight (MoF) in communications with photographers submitting works, event jurors, and other related Museum of Flight staff for the Spirit of Flight 2022 (SoF) juried photography exhibition. The intern will receive guidance in developing professional skills related to coordinating a juried photography exhibition.
- Promote Call for Entries via online competition platforms, social media assistance, and distribution of physical posters
- Assist entrants through submission, acceptance and rejection processes
- Coordinate contest jurors
- Maintain clear communications daily with entrants
- Coordinate delivery of selected prints to the Museum
- Handle framed photographs safely and maintain organized storage space ahead of display
- Potential for additional tasks as assigned due to potential Covid-19 related responses
- Copyediting of accepted entrants personal bios for consistency of style and brevity
This is an unpaid internship that will last ideally from Winter-Summer 2022.
Particular skills and knowledge required or preferred for internship:
- Professional written communication skills
- Highly organized and able to take notes from verbal communication
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain productivity associated with extensive preparation required for meeting unchangeable deadlines.
- Ability to learn new software and provide base-level technical assistance to entrants, jurors, and other associated staff
- Must have consistent weekly transportation to the Museum of Flight Campus in Tukwila, and schedule availability for a minimum of one consistent weekday per week on-site at the museum working at a provided workstation
- Must have availability to occasionally telecommunicate during brief periods pertaining to event related deadlines that fall outside Museum hours
- Ability to send mass emails without revealing email lists to recipients (b.c.c.)
- Ability to convert text documents to various file formats, such as word docs to PDF
- Creation and production of PowerPoint slideshow of photographer’s bios
- Base-level understanding of file sizes, file compression, and image file types
- Regular timekeeping and submission of hours to MoF Volunteer Coordination staff
- (Scheduling dependent) Potential to present Awards to photographers at Opening Reception and introduce exhibition to Museum Members and the public
- Self-starter and motivated to maintain productivity during periods without direct instruction, as supervisor will primarily be engaged in other Exhibit’s related work.
- 4-6 hours a week total workload, combining on-campus and off-site work
Name of supervisor(s): Chris Mailander and Allen Edwards
Supervisor's Title: Director of Exhibits and Exhibits Technician II
To apply, please email email@example.com