The Museum of Flight Grant Assistance Program is designed to help schools and non-profit youth organizations afford to participate in the Museum’s educational programs. Through the generous support of our grant sources, we are able to provide financial assistance to the organizations who need it most, upon a first-come, first-served basis.
To reserve programs before applying for grant assistance, contact 206-764-1384.
Grant Requirements & Rules
- Your school or non-profit youth organization must have a minimum of 35% of students on a federal free or reduced lunch program.
- Eligible schools/groups must apply for grant assistance at least 2 weeks prior to the date of their program.
- All recipients will receive an assessment form with their grant confirmation letter and must complete and return the assessment of the program(s) in which they participated within one week after the program(s) date, or they will forfeit their grant award.
- For Sleepover Programs, the maximum award granted is 50%.
- Grant assistance is awarded after all other discounts are applied.
- If a group cancels within a four-week period, the group is liable for a cancellation fee.
Grant Sources & Applications
The Bentley's Fund Grant is provided by Jerry Ackerson and is intended to cover at least 40% of on-site education program fees and also provide a transportation reimbursement, up to $500. There are no school district or county restrictions.
The Fossett Flyers Scholarship is provided by the Peggy and Steve Fossett Foundation and is intended to cover at least 35% of the cost of any one of the on-site Fossett programs, plus bus transportation.
The Morris Fund Grant is provided by Jim and Jeannie Morris and is intended to cover at least 40% of program fees and transportation reimbursement, up to $500.
This grant is limited to schools in the Seattle Public School District.
Museum of Flight Youth Services / Non-Profit Grant Assistance is available for non-profit, youth service organizations and is applicable for all Museum Exploration programs which include Dream of Flight, Flying Through Time, Great Gallery Aircraft Hunt and Strange and Amazing Tours.
The Boeing Employees' Credit Union Transportation Scholarship is provided by BECU and is intended to provide a reimbursement for bus transportation to The Museum of Flight for applicable education programs, up to $1,000.
This grant opportunity may not be combined with any other grant opportunities.
Museum of Flight General Tiered Grant Funding is available for schools and youth organizations that do not qualify with the above funders and have at least 35% of students on a free or reduced lunch program.