ASP High School credit
Students can earn up to 3.0 high school credits upon completing one year of Aeronautical Science Pathway (ASP).
- Puget Sound Skills Center will issue a Grade Report to your resident high school at the end of each semester. This grade report serves as proof that you took an official Highline School District class, but is NOT an official transcript.It is up to your high school registrar or counselor to add the class name and grade to your official high school transcript, which is necessary for you to receive high school credit, and college credit.We suggest that you check with them 2-4 weeks after the next semester has begun to ensure that it is done. Click HERE for a Sample Aeronautical Science Pathway Grade Report.
- The Museum will send you an additional copy for your records.
- If your counselor did not receive your Grade Report, we suggest that you bring your copy to them. Counselors may also contact the Puget Sound Skills Center Registrar, Pam Stariha, at 206-631-7330 or email@example.com
- Your high school counselor/registrar should add your high school credits to your official transcript as 1.5 CTE (Career and Technical Education) credits per semester*
- Not every school will accept credit from classes that are taken at other schools. If your school is unwilling to add the class to your official transcript, we encourage you to advocate for yourself, and let them know that you cannot receive your college credits unless the class has been added to your official high school transcript.
*students in ASP I may opt to take .5 of their total 3.0 high school credits as English Transfer credit, leaving them with 2.5 CTE Elective credit.Please inquire with your ASP instructor for details.
ASP College Credit
The Museum of Flight will submit all ASP students’ college grades to Green River College at the end of each school year.(No college grades will be sent to GRC during the school year)
Students are eligible to receive 5 colleges credits through Green River College (GRC) for each ASP College course that they complete with a final grade of 80% or higher. NOTE: ASP must first be added to your high school transcript before applying for college credit. It will appear as Aeronautical Science.(See High School credit above).
- Once your high school has added Aeronautical Science to your transcript, you will need to request an official transcript. (Transcript must be in a sealed envelope from your High School)
- Click HERE to apply for GRC admission. This is free!
- Once you apply, all College correspondence will come to your GRC email.
- Click HERE to submit a Tech Prep Transcription Request Form.
- Check your GRC email to find out when your courses have been transcribed.
For questions about Green River College credits, contact Katie Dailey at (253) 833-9111, ext. 4335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org