Playing the Past
For Girl Scout Juniors (grades 4-5)
Journey back in time to the world of the Women’s Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs); brave women who served the United States during World War II. During this immersive program, your Girl Scout will have the opportunity to become a WASP for the day and dress up in some of these brave aviator’s gear. This program is facilitated for the first hour with a Living History Presenter. It then becomes a chaperone-led exploration through the Museum’s galleries. During the first presenter-led hour, Scouts will tour through the Personal Courage Wing and perform a pre-flight check on a P-38 Lightning! Afterwards, they will participate in a 30 minute flight in our profession-grade flight simulators.
Once the flights are finished, your troop will have 2 hours to explore the museum with a provided kit which includes activity books, a chaperone guide, and letters written by the WASPs to help you understand what it was really like to experience the challenges and triumphs of these amazing women. Activity book, program materials, and aviator scarf are yours to keep! The kit and hat must be returned. Museum admission is included in this program.
May 16th, 2020 - Please check back for updates.
- Program Start Times: 9 A.M and 1 P.M.
- Maximum Participants: 18 Scouts per time slot (total)
- 1:5 chaperone-to-participant ratio required.
- Registration closes 48 hrs before the program date.
- Payment required at time of registration.
Fee is $20 per participant; chaperones free at the 1:5 ratio (additional chaperones may register at the rate of $12/chaperone). Purchase of the Playing the Past Badge can be added to the program fee at $5/participant.
- When cancelling before the registration deadline (48 hours), participants will receive 100% refund.
- If participants cancel day-of or do not show up, there will be no refund.
- Financial Aide grants are available for this program, please ask when making your reservation.Financial aid grants are available for this program. Please ask when making a reservation.
For more information or to schedule a program, contact 206-764-0384 or email@example.com.
For more information about our Girl Scout program, please contact Lyndsey Weinbach at LWeinbach@museumofflight.org.