Every weekend this Fall enjoy live demonstrations and activities to continue your exploration of the bizarre, crazy and true stories that are Stranger Than Fiction.
Saturdays and Sundays | 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM
Activities/demonstrations, times and locations in the Museum vary each day and are subject to change.
Check with any staff member or volunteer for that day's location.
Below are a few of the activities you may experience:
- Suited for Space - Help an educator build a spacesuit to protect a marshmallow astronaut!
- Vacuum Science Experiments - See the effects of low pressure on a variety of objects and substances to learn about the dangers of a vacuum!
- Virtual Full Fuselage Trainer Tour: Staying Healthy in Space! - An educator-led virtual tour of The Museum of Flight’s Full Fuselage Trainer, focusing on life support systems in the Space Shuttle crew compartment and other ways astronauts stay healthy while living and working in space.
- Planetarium Show: Moon, Mars and More! - A short exploration of space using our digital Planetarium to highlight places that are of interest for human exploration and think about the particular aerospace medicine challenges that are posed by those locations.
- Space Food, Space Plants - Learn about astronaut food, gardening in space and get the supplies to do your own space garden experiment at home!
- Parachutes - Learn about the science behind parachutes, their role in the story of aerospace medicine and get the supplies to design and test your very own parachute!
Stranger Than Fiction: The Incredible Science of Aerospace Medicine tells the story of daring aviation and space adventurers, doctors and researchers developing the means for us to go higher, faster and farther through the air and into space.