The Museum of Flight has adopted the following guidelines for the safety and security of its visitors, staff and volunteers, as well as for the protection of the Museum's collections, artifacts and property. We ask for your assistance in refraining from any of the following prohibited activities while at our Museum. If you should observe other persons engaging in any of these activities, please report it to a Museum staff member or Museum Security officer.
The Museum of Flight is committed to diversity and inclusion in our community and institution. We value and respect our diverse visitors, staff, and volunteers and expect the same from our visitors. Any use of inappropriate language and/or behavior will not be tolerated and may result in removal from the Museum.
These guidelines will be enforced by Museum and law enforcement personnel. Failure to comply may result in removal from the premises.
- Engaging in any activity in violation of Federal, State, local or other applicable law or Museum policy is prohibited.
- Guns, knives, and other dangerous weapons and devices are prohibited on Museum property.
- Failure to comply with a reasonable request, expectation or restriction that has been communicated by Museum staff or volunteers is prohibited.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Entering Museum exhibition spaces without proof of admission (paid or otherwise) is prohibited.
- Touching or other physical contact with the Museum’s collection (aircraft and artifacts) is prohibited.
- Eating or drinking in the Museum’s galleries or aircraft is prohibited unless authorized by the Museum President.
- Stealing, damaging, altering, concealing or inappropriate use of Museum property is prohibited.
- Disruptive or disorderly behavior, including running, yelling, threatening others or fighting, is prohibited.
- Displaying physical impairment from alcohol or drug use, or the possession, sale, or use of illegal drugs on Museum property is prohibited.
- All bags and parcels are subject to search at any time by Museum Security staff.
- Leaving packages, backpacks, luggage, or any other personal items unattended is prohibited unless authorized by Museum Security staff. Unattended items are subject to immediate confiscation and possible disposal. Other items not specifically identified or listed, but determined to be unsafe by Museum Security staff because they may present a security risk or are unnecessary to enjoy the Museum, are prohibited.
- Loitering or the assembly of groups who are not using the Museum for its intended purpose is prohibited.
- Sleeping or lying down in public areas of the Museum is prohibited.
- Offensive clothing or being attired without a shirt or footwear is prohibited.
- Soliciting is prohibited unless authorized by the Museum President.
- Using flash photography in flash-restricted areas, video recording of Museum programs, and commercial
photography, are prohibited unless authorized by the Museum President.
- The use of any tobacco products while inside the Museum or smoking within 25 feet of any entrance, exit or elevator is prohibited.
- Littering on Museum property is prohibited.
- Use of wheeled devices including skateboards, roller-skates, bicycles, scooters, and shopping carts is prohibited, except in designated areas. Motorized ADA assistive devices, wheelchairs, walkers and strollers are exempt from this rule.
- Pets or animals, other than service animals necessary for persons with disabilities, are prohibited inside the Museum unless authorized by the Museum President.
- Entering Museum areas closed to the public, being inside the Museum before or after Museum operating hours without the permission of an authorized Museum employee, and camping on Museum grounds are prohibited. The Museum’s property is always closed to the public from 12 AM - 6 AM. Expanded closed hours may be posted.
- Museum parking lots are reserved for use by Museum visitors while visiting the Museum and for Museum staff, volunteers and other authorized vehicles. Oversized vehicles (over 19’ length) may park in designated areas only--please contact security for arrangements (206-920-9770). No overnight parking is allowed without the approval of Museum Security staff. Unauthorized and improperly parked vehicles are subject to impound.
- Museum off-site parking is granted on special days of the week for Museum visitors while visiting the Museum. It is expected that all visitors abide by any signage posted in the parking lots not withstanding No Smoking, No overnight parking, No camping, No drinking, No use of any illegal substance.
These guidelines will be enforced by Museum and law enforcement personnel. Failure to comply with the Museum's established rules, regulations, and policies, including but not limited to these Visitor Guidelines, may result in removal from the premises and being barred from returning onto Museum property for a period of up to one year.