The Museum of Flight Speakers’ Bureau is a group of aviation and space experts who share their knowledge and stories through presentations about aerospace history, military and commercial aviation and the future of spaceflight. Many of our speakers have first-hand experience with these topics from working in the field or completing years of research and training.
Designed for adult audiences only.
There is no fee to host a volunteer speaker. Instead we ask for a suggested donation of $50. Our main requirement is that organizations cannot directly benefit financially in any way by hosting a speaker. This includes, but is not limited to, fundraisers and/or ticketed events.
- In-Person (currently unavailable)*
Request a Speaker
Please fill-out and submit the Speaker Request Form below or contact us at SBureau@museumofflight.org or call (206) 768-7171 for more information about finding the right speaker and topic for your next event!
How do you request a speaker?
Simple answer: Please complete the Request Form and submit it to Speakers Bureau via email, mail, or fax. Requests should be submitted at least 3 weeks in advance of your requested date. Once we have received and processed your Request Form, we will begin working to find an available speaker that fits your needs. When your speaker is confirmed, the speaker will contact you directly to introduce themselves and discuss day-of logistics. You will also receive an email with the speaker’s biography, a brief summary of their presentation, and any tech needs. In addition, the speaker will contact you 24-48 hours prior to the presentation to confirm and ask about any last-minute changes. If you do not hear from them, please contact Speakers Bureau. On the day of the presentation, please allow the speaker time to check in and set-up prior to participants joining, then enjoy the presentation!
What general subject areas are available?
- The Dawn of Flight: The Birth and Early Growth of Aviation
- Biplanes, Bombers, and Big Jets: The Story of The Boeing Company
- The War to End All Wars: Stories from World War I
- A World in Conflict: Stories from the Second World War
- A Different Kind of War: Vietnam and the American Experience
- Warfare in the Modern Age: Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm
- Going Farther and Faster in Style: 100 Years of Advancements in Commercial Air Travel
- Larger, Higher, Faster: The Growth of Aircraft Technology Through the Ages
- Pushing the Envelope: The Revolution of Speed in Aircraft Design
- Exploring Space: Journey to the Moon and Beyond
- Breaking Boundaries in the Sky: Women in Aerospace
- Expanding our Horizons: The Future of Aerospace
- From Kites to the Space Shuttle: Highlights from Aerospace History
- Bringing the History of Flight to Life: An Introduction to The Museum of Flight
What organizations can request a speaker from the Museum
Organizations that can request a speaker include: Aviation or military reunions, Aviation or Aerospace-focused groups, Rotary Clubs, Lion Clubs, Museums and Historical Societies, Libraries, or Retirement and Nursing Homes.
Organizations cannot directly benefit financially in any way by hosting a speaker. This includes, but is not imited to fundraisers and/or ticketed events. These presentations are designed for adult audiences only, they are not suitable for school/student groups or youth organizations.
For school groups and youth organizations, please visit museumofflight.org/Education for our current offerings.
How long are speaker’s presentations?
Presentations are between 30-to 60-minutes long. Speakers also allow time for a Q&A session at the end. If utilizing the Zoom Basic Account with a time limit, please contact us directly for options.
What teleconferencing platforms can be utilized for Virtual Speakers Bureau?
Zoom, Go2Meeting, Teams, and other solutions are supported. Just let us know what your preferred method is, and we will likely be able to support it.
Can we record the presentation?
We do not allow virtual presentations to be recorded. If you wish to record your presentation, please contact us directly for options.
How do I make a donation to Speakers Bureau?
There is no fee to host a virtual speaker. There is a suggested donation of $50 to The Museum of Flight in honor of the speaker.
Please visit museumofflight.org/SpeakersBureauDonation to make a secure online donation.
*Our in-person Speakers' Bureau program is currently paused in keeping with local regulations regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. Please check back for when we are able to safely offer Speakers Bureau presentations on-site at your organization.